Are you compliant with the WEEE regulations and ensuring the safe disposal and WEEE recycling of your waste fluorescent lamps?
From 1st July 2007 the WEEE waste regulations state it is now no longer legal to use landfill sites or skips for disposal of fluorescent lamps, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, linear fluorescent light bulbs and CFLs compact fluorescent light bulbs and by law, you must be able to prove to your Local Authority that you have complied with the new regulations. You are required to obtain a "Waste Transfer Note" to show that you have disposed of your waste in a responsible manner.
What does WEEE Stand for?
WEEE stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, A WEEE Directive was created in 2007 puts the responsibility solely with the Manufacturers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
It requires them to dispose of any unwanted Electronic Waste items in an environmentally friendly way.
The Types of Equipment that WEEE relates to are:
- Large Household Appliances such as Fridges, Freezers, Washing Machines
- Small Household Appliances such as Microwaves, Ovens
- IT and Telecommunications such as Phones, Computers, Monitors, Printers
- Consumer Equipment such as Televisions, Radios
- Electrical and Electronic Tools such as Drills, Saws
- Lighting Equipment Such as Fluorescent Light Bulbs and Lamps
- Toys, Leisure and Sports Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Monitoring and Control Equipment
- Automatic Dispensers
Click here for link to recycling electronic waste collection prices
Please note as an ordinary consumer you are not obliged to comply with WEEE Recycling, the onus is upon any business to provide this service which is involved in either the manufacture, distribution, storage, retailing and disposal of equipment to in compliance with the WEEE Law.
Ecolamp Recycling now provides a complete and professional WEEE Recycling service to relieve you of these responsibilities, we can dispose of any electronic waste with just one phone call or email.
We can collect and recycle any of the above WEEE items for you in a legal and environmentally friendly way, from £129, regardless of quantities.
Why Should I use Ecolamp?
- To overcome risks of injury when Electronic Waste Equipment is damaged and dumped haphazardly into skips and other containers.
- To overcome the problems of vandalism.
- To reduce pollution of the surrounding areas
- Improve Health and Safety
- To meet COSHH and Duty of Care and EPA legislation
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Please ensure that the items are located at your site at ground level and ready for loading on the day of collection. Please inform us if you need any help in getting material ready for collection for which we will levy a small labour charge. The above pricing is calculated with sending 1 Operative with the vehicle, if any items are too heavy, or bulky, please ensure you have assistance ready onsite, or advise us, where we will ensure adequate labour is provided. *Full terms and conditions available upon request please email: email@example.com for more information. Offers shown are subject to availability of service, management reserve the right to change or withdraw these offers at any time without prior notice. All prices are exclusive of VAT charged at the current rate.
*For full terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01925 230 825 also please see the UK collection tariff page for more details on additional collection costs